Four throws in efficient succession working off the drop and feeding discs to a leaping dog on the dog’s chosen line.
- Set the Out to the side of the handler is the Flank. If the dog is out to the handler's right or left the dog is on Flank. If the dog is moving with the handler the dog is on the Working Flank....
- Predict and Cue Drop
- Short for “Positive Marker”, a Mark is a word or signal given at the exact moment a desired behavior is performed. It’s like a clicker. Mark can also mean the act of marking behaviors. “Did you Mark that?” asks if the positive marker was given to tell the dog he was correct. When playing disc it is important to Mark... Drop
- Read Dog’s Line
- Deliver leaping catch
- Dog’s The Strong Flank is the flank that the dog wants to run. Most dogs are unbalanced and prefer to move in either a clockwise or counter clockwise fashion. The Strong Flank can also be read and understood as the dog's Strong Lead....
- General flank balance
- Dog’s chosen patterns
- How to deliver to a moving target
- How to throw in multiple directions
- for cued Drop
- for flipping the field
- for increased drive and drive management
- increased energy level
- learning the dog’s pattens
- for leaping catches