Dog spins and twists in both directions in a controlled manner with a distinct verbal and physical cue.
- Standing in front of the dog with the disc held vertically in the throwing hand is Basic Standing Position (BSP), a foundational position in the Yachi Method.... to Low High, Low High Bite, or Bite
- Clockwise Spin
- Low High
- Counter Clock Twist
- Low High
- Repeat to 3 reps total
- Patience by Dog
- Patience by Handler
- Waiting works
- Self Discipline
- Unsolicited eye contact or Attention is a great way to hook up with a dog. If you have something the dog wants he should give eye contact in order to get access to it. This quickly becomes akin to asking permission for things that the dog wants. If your dog offers Attention when they see something they want, most dog... for Access
- Waiting on cue and situationally is extremely important for disc dog freestyle training. The competition field might not see too much waiting going on as everything is supposed to be happening in flow, but on the training field there probably is not a more important skill than a Wait. A Wait is critical for flipping and vaulting....
- Spin or Twist behavior
- Drive is focus and energy applied towards work. There are many kinds of Drive: social drive, tracking drive, prey drive, bite/kill, stalking, and food to name a few. Social drive, prey drive, and bite/kill are the types of Drive most active in the game of disc dog freestyle, and are all fairly desirable. Stalking and tracking drive can be tough... management
- Separating Spin or Twist
- The handler's stance is important. There are many ways to stand and each way you stand can say a different thing. Stances communicate pressure and direction. Switching stances sends information to the dog. ... Shifting
- Exploring Pressure comes in many forms in dog training. Positional Pressure, Performance Pressure, Environmental Pressure, the Plane of the handler’s body. Pressure is a fact. How you wield it or leverage it is up to you. Dogs tend to avoid Pressure and tend to hang out in areas where the Pressure is lower and can be pulled into areas or situations...
- Exploring Releases