Demonstrate a The Give is a retrieve to the hand. A cued Give is a foundational skill that is not super useful in the actual performance of disc dog freestyle, and has huge applications for training and skills development . A Give is distinctly different from a Drop because of the localized nature of the skill. Give only happens in the hand,... via bitework, a retrieve, or toss and fetch play.
- All Gives are Drops, but not all Drops are Gives.
- Gives are different than Drops.
- Give requires it’s own cue.
- For restarting play
- To avoid trouble with discs on the ground
- To finish a retrieve
- To fetch up an errant disc
- For disc management purposes
- To help teach a cued Drop